Cenikor Foundation is a non profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking full time and part time Licensed Vocational Nurses for new facility in Austin, TX.
Schedule: PRN must be willing to work nights, weekends and Holidays.
Responsible for working closely with nursing, program and clinical staff to provide health services and professional nursing care for all clients.
- Provide health services and professional nursing care for clients, including routine treatment per procedure or as prescribed. Coordinate client care with nurse supervisor and/or physician supervision.
- Maintain processes with insurance department to ensure quality length of stay and maximize revenue.
- Receive, update and pass on shift report per standards and timeframes as required.
- Assist with obtaining medical history information from clients and family members at time of admission.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and monitor for compliance.
- Act as charge nurse in absence of RN or RN Supervisor, including handling client and facility issues and communicating with appropriate management/physician as necessary.
- Provide information to clients regarding medication, nutrition, STD’s and hygiene in an individual or group setting.
- Oversee routine laboratory work, such as urinalysis, blood draw as required and maintain accurate records of specimens.
- Observe clients, record significant conditions and reactions, and notifies physician, nursing supervisor, and facility director of issues as appropriate. Monitor vital signs upon admission, during treatment and upon discharge.
- Maintain patient records by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information utilizing appropriate computer software for reporting and appropriate billing and authorization purposes.
- Develop medical components of treatment plan and completes nursing assessments. Track infections, STD’s and positive VDRL, HIV, verifying or referring for treatment. Administer specified medication, and notes time and amount on patients’ charts. Attend staff meetings on clients’ progress.
- Monitor treatment of diabetic clients to ensure proper caloric intake and coordinates to ensure a proper diet. Observe patients and reports adverse reactions to nurse supervisor and physician.
- Administer CPR in emergency situations.
- Answer phones in nurse station as needed, taking messages and transferring calls as necessary.
- Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client confidentiality.
- Assist in all functions associated with Admissions including collecting and coordinating collection of client responsibility with Business Manager and Accounting Assistant.
- Responsible for knowing 3rd party payor process related to verification, authorization and reauthorization as well as client responsibility and collections. Work with insurance billing department to actively manager 3rd party payor clients to ensure quality care and fiscal responsibility
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Experienced in providing medical care to a diverse ethnic and cultural population.
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Capable of performing job responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program
Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience
Experience providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment preferred
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER