Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Part time Education Tech in our Deer Park, TX facility.
Monday and Wednesday 12:30pm-2:30pm
Monday and Tuesday 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Friday 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Saturday 8:30am to 4:00pm
Under the direction of the Career Services Manager, the Education Tech assists with coordinating educational opportunities for clients to ensure maximum career development.
- Work with Career Services manager to carry out the Individualized Educational Training Plan for each client;
- Administer career services assessments, TABE and GED testing at appropriate levels of program;
- Manage the client computer lab to ensure effective use and scheduling;
- Perform tutoring and/or train client tutors and volunteers;
- Coordinate with school district GED instructors and DARS/vocational rehabilitation staff as directed;
- Provide standardized reports on client progress;
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as Cenikor policies and procedures;
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor;
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture to help maintain a positive working environment for all team members.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the nonexempt functions as defined in this job description
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to lead by establishing goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple activities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Sound problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of educational assistance systems and services.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, specifically including MS Outlook calendar.
- G.E.D. or High School Diploma Required
- College Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of educational services experience.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER