Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a (2) Part-time Behavioral Health Technician located in our Waco, Texas location.
Schedule: Saturday to Wednesday 7am-4pm
Monday through Friday 6am -3pm
Responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and securing of assets, personnel and clients at the facility. Responsible for providing therapeutic assistance and preventing client elopement. Institute appropriate security measures while escorting clients inside and outside the facility.
- Assists in creating and maintaining a therapeutic environment for substance abuse clients. Maintains adequate security for eating/sleeping problems, suicidal/homicidal attempts or threats, elopements or attempts to elope. Assists patients in good grooming and personal hygiene. Monitors clients’ movement and provides a client count as per facility policy.
- Accompanies clients to medical clinics, meals, AA meetings in the community, recreational activities, field trips and other outings to ensure safety, provide therapeutic assistance, and help prevent elopement. Institutes appropriate security measures escorting clients inside and outside facility.
- Maintains locked doors as per facility policy, making security checks to ensure that the integrity of security is intact and the safety of clients is maintained. Refers problems and/or deficiencies to proper authority.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as assisting with washing client’s clothes and other duties necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for clients. Supervises client chores consisting of general cleaning of physical surroundings and furnishings in patient care area. Maintains a neat and clean employee area.
- Participates and assists clinical treatment team members with groups in therapeutic activities. Maintains awareness of and documents whereabouts of clients at all times, reporting problems appropriately. Recognizes and intervenes in disturbed/aggressive behavior as soon as sign of disruptive behavior are recognized. Participants as an active member in treatment team meetings, advising others of observations and recommendations.
- Participates and assists nursing staff with taking vitals, care of detox clients, and clean up after clients as needed, ensuring proper biohazard protocols.
- Participates in educational program (either in-house or outside facility) as assigned, to increase knowledge base and job skills.
- Assists with client admissions, including orientation to rules and rights, bed and locker assignments, issuing linens, and inventory of personal items as needed.
- Assists with transfer and discharge procedures. Performs any related duties assigned including disinfecting bed and lockers, inventory of personal items, and ensuring all property is returned.
- Answers phone and transfers call or takes messages as needed.
- Continuously monitor health, security and well being of clients by ensuring facility is secure and residents are off the floor and in rooms at appropriate times.
- Perform head count nightly as per licensing standards, complete reports of nightly rounds, investigate and complete related reports on all safety and security situations and communicate emergency situations, including medical emergencies, to the appropriate authorities and staff members.
- Serve meals and ensure standards are met for all food service operations.
- Perform weekly inspections on vehicles, including checking oil, tire pressure, gas, etc., record results, record mileage, and prepare standard maintenance reports.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of security operations and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and residents.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner, to write and investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures;
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to work night shifts and flexible hours.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year security/safety experience preferred
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer