Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing and Communication in our corporate office located in Houston, TX.
The Director of Marketing and Communication responsible for oversight, strategy, execution, and measurement of the effectiveness of all Cenikor Foundation marketing and communications. This position ensures marketing initiatives are consistent with Foundation goals and objectives, and developed and executed accurately, timely and within budget. This position will manage the design and editing of internal and external marketing materials, while maintaining cohesiveness between facilities and the corporate office.
- Work with senior management to develop, implement and manage strategic marketing initiatives to meet the needs of the Foundation, including all printed materials, Cenikor website, social media sources and any other identified marketing sources.
- Maintain and update Foundation marketing materials and sources, ensuring consistent branding and effective pricing.
- Utilize internal resources and outside vendors to develop marketing materials with consistent design and messaging across all facilities.
- Manage website design and content, and update at least monthly but also as needed or requested.
- Develop and manage social media strategy including frequent content updates in order to grow Cenikor’s visibility as a leader in the behavioral health industry.
- Work with human resources to develop and manage internal marketing strategies to increase employee engagement, including multiple methods of communication.
- Manage the process for the Foundation’s quarterly newsletter “Positive Changes” and monthly employee newsletter.
- Coordinate and oversee the printing of Cenikor’s annual report.
- Participate in on-going communication with the Director of Development, as well as Business Development Managers and Outreach Managers if needed, including attendance of regularly scheduled conference calls.
- Provide oversight for special events and staff training at each facility to promote a consistent message within the community, including production of collateral materials.
- Work with the Facility Directors to provide input and/or training to facility staff as requested in order to meet strategic goals.
- Assist staff in representing the Foundation effectively throughout the community.
- Articulate the mission, vision, values and goals of the Cenikor Foundation through correspondence, presentations and other opportunities.
- Manage and track all marketing costs in accordance with pre-approved marketing plans and budgets.
- Manage and track the acquisition and inventory of promotional items for internal and external use.
- Oversee/manage day to day relationships with vendors.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and Foundation matters, referring questionable issues or activities to the President/CEO.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent strategic marketing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively; must work well under deadline pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and open to change
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Bachelor’s degree required. Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism degree preferred.
- Three to five years of Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related experience required.
- Experience with non-profit, substance abuse, health care, mental health or education is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE