Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Director of Business Development & Marketing for our corporate office located in Houston, TX.
The Director of Business Development (BD) and Marketing is responsible for the development, oversight, strategy, execution, and measurement of the effectiveness of all Cenikor Foundation BD and marketing efforts. The BD Director works closely with the Chief of Staff and other members of the Cenikor management team, to ensure BD and marketing initiatives are consistent with Foundation goals and objectives; that they are developed and executed in an accurate and timely manner, and within budget. The BD Director will create the Foundation BD/Marketing Plan, a holistic document that will address all BD and marketing aspects of Cenikor’s continuum of services, which includes (but is not limited to): insurance referral sources, healthcare systems, Employee Assistance Programs, unions, companies, clinics, other substance abuse treatment facilities, community organizations, learning centers and other referral sources. The BD Director leads, trains and supports all BD and Outreach Managers in the facilities, and other staff, as assigned. The BD Director will provide oversight, supervision and management pertaining to the design and editing of internal and external marketing materials, while maintaining cohesiveness between facilities and the corporate office.
- Create, manage and supervise the execution of the Foundation BD/Management Strategy/Plan.
- Work with senior management to develop, implement and manage strategic BD and marketing initiatives to meet the needs of the Foundation. This will include all printed materials, Cenikor website, social media sources and any other BD/marketing sources.
- Provide leadership, training and support for BD and Outreach team members in the fulfillment of capacity and census goals.
- Lead routine conference calls with BD and Outreach Managers to maintain open lines of communication across the Foundation regarding BD goal achievement, as well as identifying and developing mitigation strategies to address barriers or concerns.
- Collaborate with BD and Outreach Managers as well as other necessary facility management to establish and foster referral source partnerships.
- Coordinate and maintain a comprehensive referral source database for the Foundation.
- Work closely with the BD/Outreach team to research conferences or events to participate in, in order to raise the awareness of Cenikor within the community.
- Work with the Chief of Staff, VPs and Facility Directors to provide BD/Marketing input and/or training to facility staff, as required, in order to meet strategic goals.
- Utilize internal resources and outside vendors to develop marketing materials with consistent branding, design and messaging across all facilities within effective pricing structures.
- Manage website design and content, and update monthly (but also as needed or requested).
- Develop and manage social media strategy, including frequent content updates in order to enhance Cenikor’s visibility as a leader in the behavioral health industry.
- Work with human resources to develop and manage internal marketing strategies to increase employee engagement, including multiple methods of communication.
- Manage the process for the Foundation’s quarterly newsletter “Positive Changes” and monthly employee newsletter.
- Coordinate and oversee the printing of Cenikor’s annual report.
- Assist Director of Development with special events and staff training at each facility to promote a consistent message within the community, including production of collateral materials.
- Assist staff in representing the Foundation effectively throughout the community.
- Articulate the mission, vision, values and goals of the Cenikor Foundation through correspondence, presentations and other opportunities.
- Manage and track all BD/marketing costs in accordance with pre-approved marketing plans and budgets.
- Manage and track the acquisition and inventory of promotional items for internal and external use.
- Oversee/manage day to day relationships with vendors.
- Participate as a member of senior management team and assist in maintaining effective BD/marketing strategy.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and Foundation matters, referring questionable issues or activities to the Chief of Staff.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent strategic BD/marketing skills
- Proven experience managing business development team
- Experience in creating and executing strategic BD/marketing plans and initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively; must work well under deadline pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and open to change
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Marketing or Business degree preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years of Business Development/Marketing related experience required.
- Experience in developing and executing strategic BD/Marketing plans required.
- Experience in managing business development team required.
- Experience with non-profit, substance abuse, health care, mental health or education is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE