Cenikor Foundation is a non profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking Part time Behavioral Health Technician for our Short Stay Detox facility in Deer Park, TX.
Schedule: Must be able to work any shift, weekdays and weekends (nights/days)
Responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and securing of assets, personnel and clients at the facility. Responsible for providing therapeutic assistance and preventing client elopement. Institute appropriate security measures while escorting clients inside and outside the facility.
- Assists in creating and maintaining a therapeutic environment for adolescent substance abuse clients. Maintains adequate security for eating/sleeping problems, suicidal/homicidal attempts or threats, elopements or attempts to elope. Assists patients in good grooming and personal hygiene. Monitor and maintain clients’ daily schedule and activities. Provides a client count as per facility policy.
- Accompanies clients to medical clinics, meals, AA meetings in the community, recreational activities, field trips and other outings to ensure safety, provide therapeutic assistance, and help prevent elopement. Institutes appropriate security measures escorting clients inside and outside facility.
- Maintains locked doors as per facility policy, making security checks to ensure that the integrity of security is intact and the safety of clients is maintained. Refers problems and/or deficiencies to proper authority.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as assisting with washing dishes, laundry and other housekeeping duties necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for clients. Supervises client chores consisting of general cleaning of physical surroundings and furnishings in patient care area. Maintains a neat and clean employee area.
- Participates and assists clinical treatment team members with groups in therapeutic activities. Maintains awareness of and documents whereabouts of clients at all times, reporting problems appropriately. Recognizes and intervenes in disturbed/aggressive behavior as soon as sign of disruptive behavior are recognized. Participates as an active member in treatment team meetings, advising others of observations and recommendations.
- Observes prescribed medications and document as needed to clients in morning and evening. Count medications and document on individual med sheets and charts as required.
- Collect drug screens when requested by Program Manager I or Facility Director.
- Participates in educational programs (either in-house or outside facility) to increase knowledge base and job skills as assigned.
- Assists with transfer and discharge procedures. Performs any related duties assigned including disinfecting bed and lockers, inventory of personal items and medications, and ensuring all property is returned.
- Continuously monitor health, security and well-being of clients by ensuring facility is secure and residents are in their rooms at appropriate times.
- Perform head count nightly as per licensing standards, complete reports of nightly rounds investigate and complete related reports on all safety and security situations and communicate emergency situations, including medical emergencies, to the appropriate authorities and staff members. Complete incident reports in compliance with regulation.
- Assist with ensuring standards are met for all food service operations.
- Report any vehicle maintenance requirements to the Program Manager and/or Facility Director immediately, including tire pressure, gas, lamp lights, etc. Record mileage for every outing.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
- In absence of a member of management, work as an effective team member to handle client issues and communicate with appropriate management as necessary.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as Cenikor policies, procedures and client rules.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of security operations and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and residents.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner, to write and investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to work night shifts and flexible hours.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
High school diploma or equivalent
2 years of direct care with chemically dependent adolescents preferred
2 years of working in an intensive treatment setting (inpatient residential) preferred
Therapeutic Community experience preferred
Valid Driver’s License
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER