Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Certified Medication Aide for our facility in Austin, TX.
Schedule: Monday through Friday (10 am - 7 Pm)
Responsible for working closely with medical staff to provide health services and education for Cenikor clients.
- Dispense prescribed medications as needed to clients daily.
- Participates and assists nursing staff with taking vitals, care of detox clients, and clean up after clients as needed, ensuring proper biohazard protocols.
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation is completed and placed in clients’ medical files/EHR as required.
- Assists with client admissions, including orientation to rules and rights, bed and locker assignments, issuing linens, and inventory of personal items as needed.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as assisting with changing bed linens, washing detox client’s clothes and other duties necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for detox clients.
- Assist with pre-admission screening process as needed.
- Answers phone and transfers call or takes messages as needed.
- Assist in the monitoring of detox clients and accompany them on outside breaks.
- Conduct daily inventory and assist facility staff with appropriate disposal of expired and/or discontinued medications.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Establish positive relationships with physicians and maintain a network of health professionals to assist in providing client medical treatment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experienced in working with various types of people.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilient in a challenging environment.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Capable of providing medical care to a diverse ethnic and cultural population.
- Capable of performing job responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
High School Diploma or GED
Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
Prefer a minimum of one (1) year of medical experience preferably in providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment.
Current CMA Certificate
Current certification in CPR and First Aid
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER