Cenikor Foundation is currently accepting applications for FT & PT Counselors for our BR Short Stay program opening in mid-January 2018. Licensure requirements include: LCSW, LMSW, LPC, LMFT, LAC
The Counselor is responsible for providing substance abuse treatment services to a diverse population within contract and/or regulatory guidelines. Conduct life skills groups, counseling groups, and individual therapy sessions for assigned caseload. Documents treatment services in clinical file and maintains related records. Performs case management as appropriate to ensure client receives all necessary and required services.
- Work with clients to develop and implement an individualized, written treatment plan within five (5) service days of admission.
- Develop individualized treatment plan based on comprehensive assessment.
- Conduct regularly scheduled treatment plan reviews every 30 days.
- Provide individual counseling services to each client at least once a month or as needed.
- Conducts chemical dependency counseling sessions, life skill group sessions and monitors encounter groups weekly as assigned.
- Conducts self as a rational authority and role model within the therapeutic community modality.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
- Complete client discharge summary within 3 working days of discharge from the program.
- Complete monthly judicial reports accurately and submit by the 30th of each month.
- Contribute to client care by participating in clinical staff meetings to review client progress and treatment plans, and report caseload activities to supervisor.
- Ensure documentation in the clinical record is legible and complies with documentation standards.
- Work closely with Clinical Manager to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and contribute to a positive working environment for all team members.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of therapeutic community philosophy.
- Willingness to adhere to the therapeutic community modality.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced and/or knowledgeable in providing education and therapeutic counseling for individuals and for groups.
- Experienced and capable of identifying appropriate resources for client development and providing substance abuse counseling.
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experienced in working with a diverse population.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including specific MS Outlook calendar experience.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
Two (2) years of substance abuse treatment experience preferred.
LCSW, LMSW, LPC, LMFT, LAC
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer